The Eye of a Needle

>> Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scripture

24 And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
25 When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?”
26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Mat 19: 24-26 NIV)


Observation


The eye of the needle was a postern gate, used after dark, when the main gates of Jerusalem were shut, the travellers and merchants would have to use this smaller gate to enter the city. The camel could only enter unencumbered by the load being removed from the his back and crawled on its need.

Jesus was saying how difficult for a rich to enter the Kingdom of God unless he is ready to unload all his load of riches, just as the camel passed through the eye of needle (postern gate) by unloading his goods.

His disciples were in great astonished (v.25), perhaps in their knowledge, very few or none rich men could fulfilled this requirement.

However, in order to explain to them that the ticket to Kingdom of God is NOT earn by fulfilling requirement, law and good works, Jesus answered them “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (v.26). It's only by the grace of God and not self-righteousness.


Application

My salvation is by the grace of God and base on what Jesus paid for me on the cross, it's not by my own righteousness, afford and how good I am.

After receiving this gift of eternal life, I cannot take for granted by living the way as led by the flesh and to the worldly way. I need to lift up all the loading I have and set the priority to the Kingdom of God. No man is perfect as long as we still live in the flesh. During the journey of life in planet earth, I need to walk out my salvation with fear and trembling. Sanctification is the process during this journey of life.

12Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. (Phi 2:12-13 NIV)


Response


I thank you for your gift of love. May your word continue to transform me from inside out so that I may walk in the way that pleasing to You. Pour out Your great grace, great mercy, great anointing, great love and great power upon every area of my life, I need Your strength to be a person that you want me, because with men it is impossible, but with You, all things are possible. In Jesus name.

1 comments:

Victoria Ho Saturday, March 07, 2009 10:04:00 AM  

Not many Christians know that the camel eye mentioned in the bible is actually a small gate in bibical times. I heard about it in one of my ex-church.

Which book do you read?

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP